Where are the best World Cup watch parties in Charlotte?
As Qatar gets ready for the 2022 FIFA World Cup, here at home in Charlotte there’s just one thing on our minds: Where are we all going to watch?
You can check our ultimate guide to 40+ soccer bars in the area and of course you can always choose to stream the games at home. But while you’re here, we’ll help you narrow it down with a few of our favorites that are offering extended hours, food specials and watch parties during the World Cup:
Big Ben Restaurant & Pub
Location: 1535 Elizabeth Ave., Charlotte, NC 28204
Big Ben will be showing all of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 games at the pub in Elizabeth. Come hungry for fish-n’-chips: the restaurant serves beer-battered Haddock n’ Chips with steak fries, slaw and a wally (a Gherkin).
Charlotte FC World Cup Watch Party
Location: Romare Bearden Park, 300 S Church St, Charlotte, NC 28202
On Monday, Nov. 21, Charlotte Football Club will host a watch party at Romare Bearden Park for the US Men’s National Team in their first World Cup match against Wales at 2 p.m. The Senegal v. Netherlands match will also be shown at 11 a.m. Admission is free, but reserve your spot with a ticket. Expect a big screen, beer and local food trucks.
Location: 3120 N Davidson St, Charlotte, NC 28205
Growlers Pourhouse will open early for select World Cup games starting November 21. Enjoy cheering alongside your order of Pesto Brie Fries, Fried Chicken Tacos or oysters and beer!
Here’s the schedule:
- Monday, November 21 -USA vs. Wales @ 2 p.m.
Growlers open 1:30 p.m. – 5 p.m. (Note: Growlers is usually closed on Mondays. A limited menu that day will feature tacos and nachos only.)
- Friday, November 25 -USA vs. England @ 2 p.m.
Growlers open 1:30 p.m. – 2 a.m.
- Saturday, November 26 -France vs. Denmark @ 11 a.m., Argentina vs. Mexico @ 2 p.m.
Growlers open 10:30 a.m. – 2 a.m.
- Sunday, November 27 -Croatia vs. Canada @ 11 a.m., Spain vs. Germany @ 2 p.m.
Growlers open 10:30 a.m. – midnight
- Tuesday, November 29 -USA vs. Iran @ 2 p.m.
Growlers open 1:30 p.m. – midnight
Take note, Growlers has new weeknight specials*:
- Tuesdays: 3 tacos for $12, Classic Margarita for $8 + rotating specialty tacos.
- Wednesdays and Sundays, chicken wings are $10 for 12 wings.
*All deals are dine-in only.
Resident Culture South End/El Toro Bruto
Location: 332 W. Bland St., Charlotte, NC 28203
Resident Culture Brewing Co., along with soccer star Christian Fuchs, will be throwing a No Fuchs Given World Cup Watch Party at the South End location during the USA vs. Wales match at 2 p.m. Monday, Nov. 21. Details:
- A specially brewed No Fuchs Given lager will be re-released, available on draft and in cans beginning at the kickoff watch party.
- Fuchs will be there, greeting fans during the event.
Can’t come to the No Fuchs Given party? Resident Culture South End will show all USA World Cup matches. It has a new, permanent 110-inch projector screen and HDTV screens throughout the taproom. No Fuchs Given will be offered throughout the FIFA World Cup while supplies last.
Rí Rá will show the whole World Cup series from Nov. 20 Dec 18. The Irish pub has several TVs downstairs and two 12-foot-long flat-screen TVs upstairs. Here are some details:
- The pub’s first level will be open early for all 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. matches. Breakfast sandwiches and home fries will be offered early, with a regular menu starting at 11 a.m.
- For the USA games and other big matches later in the tournament, RiRa will have both levels open.
- Games will be shown on 6 TVs and a 12’ projector screen.
- RiRa will feature two nonalcoholic beers: Guinness 0 in the can for $4 and Heneiken 0.0 in the bottle for $4. There’s also a long list of draft beer and cider, plus whiskey from Charlotte’s own Great Wagon Road Distilling.